Sunday, May 29, 2011

Monday Marvels

The Top Ten Reasons to Marvel over Memorial Day - Monday, May 30th

10. I'm thankful to live in a country where I'm not forced to cover my face because I'm a woman.

9. I'm grateful to live in a country where I'm given the right to vote.

8. I'm blessed to sleep in a comfortable bed every night, to have never had to cram myself into a fox hole and try to sleep with one eye open.

7. I'm lucky to have reaped the benefits of our military defense without ever having known the sorrow of losing someone I love in service.

6. I'm fortunate live in a part of a world in which I'm afforded opportunities that people in some repressed nations might never know.

5. I've never had to tuck in a baby at night whose father is serving overseas and hasn't ever been able to kiss her chubby little cheeks.

4. I'm able-bodied and independent, and have never had to face the physical challenges some of our vets are forced to learn to live with for life.

3. I'm thankful that I've never had to share a holiday over Skype while my partner was sweating in battle fatigues for our freedom.

2. I'm proud to say I've never turned away from a homeless vet on the street.

And the number one reason to marvel over Monday, May 30th?

1. I'm thankful for the chance to share this song with you in honor of Memorial Day. I dare you to not get teary.



7 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I noticed that you like tattoos, and I have a label in which I had some of my bloggers send me their tattoo pictures, so very funny...

    Anyway, I like your blog, and want to invite you to visit mine, and if you will follow me I would love to follow yours....

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger my father was in the Marines. He was in both Vietnam and Korea. To this day he struggles so much and because of those wars and my siblings and I struggled having him as a father throughout our childhood. Thank you for the break from being your usual hilarious self for this. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post ! Loved the song!

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good reasons, Tricia! The tragedy of war can only be measured in human terms, and by that measure it's incalculable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember calling my mom whenever I was deployed. She hated it. I'd call via satellite and anyone who's ever seen the news knows that it sucks because of that wonderful delay. We'd spend the first few minutes talking over one another before we got it right, lol. I'm thankful I always got to tell her I loved her. Some people didn't get that chance.

    I'm also thankful that I can comment on your blog from home. Blogger was not liking my phone this morning...
    Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, and I couldn't agree more today and every day. xo

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how that made you feel. We are in the circle of trust.

Related Posts with Thumbnails