The Top Ten Reasons to Marvel over Memorial Day - Monday, May 30th
10. I'm thankful to live in a country where I'm not forced to cover my face because I'm a woman.
9. I'm grateful to live in a country where I'm given the right to vote.
8. I'm blessed to sleep in a comfortable bed every night, to have never had to cram myself into a fox hole and try to sleep with one eye open.
7. I'm lucky to have reaped the benefits of our military defense without ever having known the sorrow of losing someone I love in service.
6. I'm fortunate live in a part of a world in which I'm afforded opportunities that people in some repressed nations might never know.
5. I've never had to tuck in a baby at night whose father is serving overseas and hasn't ever been able to kiss her chubby little cheeks.
4. I'm able-bodied and independent, and have never had to face the physical challenges some of our vets are forced to learn to live with for life.
3. I'm thankful that I've never had to share a holiday over Skype while my partner was sweating in battle fatigues for our freedom.
2. I'm proud to say I've never turned away from a homeless vet on the street.
And the number one reason to marvel over Monday, May 30th?
1. I'm thankful for the chance to share this song with you in honor of Memorial Day. I dare you to not get teary.